Sunday, January 23, 2011

**Scrapping some OLD photos**

In my efforts to work on scrapping photos of my children when they were growing up, here's a new layout to share.  The photos are of my son when he was just a little over 2 years old. The photos taken at my wedding to Butch in 1981.  In sorting through my photos made when my children were growing up, I'm finding that most of the pictures are dark and are beginning to turn an orange-y color.  So....I have to scan them in and clean them up in photoshop before I can print them and scrap them.  Unfortunately, many of my photos are in pretty bad shape.  I thought these photos scanned in pretty good though...and with a little cleaning up, they looked almost like new photos! 

 

I used a solid blue cs for the background and the patterned papers are Echo Park's Little Boy collection. The ruler was stamped on the yellow striped paper. I tore some edges and layered it with the blue dotted paper. On the strip next to the photos I added a little stitching. The trees trunks were cut with the Silhouette and the tops were made with circle and scallop punches. The flowers and grass across the bottom were free handed with Zig markers and a bit of stickles. The title work is a combination of stickers from the Echo Park papers and "Bellew" was cut from QK alpha dies. The tag at the top (You will always be my little boy) is also a sticker from the same collection. I added a bit of doodling and some brads to the top tag. The tag at the top of the journaling was made in Word - making a blue background and turning the letters white - and punched out with a ticket punch. I layered it on the yellow strip papers and punched the corners with a SU ticket corner punch. The scalloped edge on the bottom was punched with an EK Success punch and highlighted with white dots. A green ribbon was added for the "grass".

Journaling was printed on a transparency and adhered with the title work on top. Journaling reads:

Matthew, you were such a little boy when Butch and I got married. I made the clothes that you and your sisters wore to the wedding. All three of you looked so cute in your blue and white outfits. We got married in the afternoon, and by that time, you were so tired that you could barely keep your eyes open. I love the photo of you holding my flowers, it makes me wish I could just pick you up and give you a hug!

Our babysitter, Melanie, was so good to keep an eye on you three during the wedding and reception. Now, here it is almost 30 years later…and you know what? You’ll always be my little boy no matter how old you get! I love you, Matthew!

That's all for today.  Thanks so much for stopping by! Until next time...

Hugs!



Pin It!

1 comment:

cnelson said...

You inspire me to start scrapping some of the old photos of my children as well. This is just the cutest lo and I adore that sweet journaling!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails