Saturday, April 7, 2012

LIM62 - A Little Green...

It's time for a new challenge at Less is More.  This week Chrissie and Mandi have given us a color challenge, which is to use at least three different shades of green on a card.  I had a little free time this afternoon, so I got my cards finished in record time!

Last week was so hectic that I didn't get my cards posted until Thursday, so I'm really early this week!



For my first card, I stamped leaves from SU French Foliage collection in two shades of green (peeled paint and shabby shutters DI) on a piece of light green card stock. Then I backed it with a dark green card stock.  The tag was stamped (on the same light green as the leaves) with a PTI sentiment in peeled paint and then cut out with a Spellbinder die.  I punched a hole in the tag and wrapped the ribbon around the two layers of green and brought both ends up through the hole and tied a knot.  I really like how this turned out.


Chrissie and Mandi, you might think that this next card is not CAS enough, but I kind of like how it turned out.  I used a MB window and window box die.  The siding is just strips of green card stock that I inked the edges and then overlapped the edges like siding on a house.  The flowers are also MB dies.  I colored the window box with Copics as well as the flowers.  The curtains were made by gathering a piece of ribbon for the top and then making some of the ribbon swag down the sides of the window.  Window box is pop dotted as is the window.  The sentiment is from Flourishes and is stamped in peeled paint.


This next card was made by masking off a section with post it notes and inking with peeled paint distress ink.  The grass is a PTI stamp as is the sentiment.  The butterfly is a Spellbinder die that is layered. The body of the butterfly is part of the MB die set.  I also added some green stickles to the butterfly.


This last card was just an afterthought, and I'm not sure I should have posted it.  I used a Paper Smooches chevron stamp to stamp in peeled paint, then used my Copics to color in the different greens.  Sentiment is from PTI.  Super quick and simple card.


I also finished a layout last night, and thought I'd share it tool



Photo of my dgc, Allen, Helen Grace, and Pierce. My son took this photo with his cell phone and I think it's a great pic of the three of them. I used Echo Park - This and That for this layout. The butterfly is a Memory Box die. The "stars" were printed and cut out with the Cameo, then I colored them with Copics and added some glitter to the edges. The banner is just strips of the patterned paper. I punched the "v" out of each end with a square punch. I made the photo corner by cutting several of the same corners and layering them for dimension. The banner on the bottom was cut in one long strip, then I folded it on each end to make it have more dimension. I did quite a bit of faux stitching with a pen, and the stitching on the banner tags was done by piercing the paper and connecting the holes with a black pen. The little diamond strip under the photo was cut from the patterned paper using a circle punch ...super simple! I added a few dots of liquid pearls. Title word is some Thickers from my stash. Journaling is tucked behind the photo and reads: 


In March 2012, your Mama had just started her new job . For the first several months of her job, she had to travel each week to a different city to complete her training. She would usually fly out on Sunday and fly home every Friday. Your Daddy spent the week working and taking care of you all (and Uncle Thomas came over sometimes during the week to help out). On Fridays, your Daddy would pick you up from daycare so that all of you could go to the airport to welcome your Mama home. One Friday, you were a little early getting to the airport, so your Daddy took you to the park to let you play for a little while. While he was there, he snapped this picture of the three of you with his cell phone, and sent me a copy of the photo. This is such a great picture of the three of you! Just look at those happy faces! 


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Maybe this week will be calmer and I can get around to visit all the other fab entries in this challenge!  I truly appreciate your comments...just what I need to brighten my day!  Until next time...

Hugs!
Photobucket


Pin It!

37 comments:

Gibmiss said...

Hi Susan
Gorgeous selection of cards
Happy Easter
Hugs Sylvie xxx

snapdragon said...

My goodness, that window box is so inviting, I just want to visit the person who lives there!
And your grands are adorable- sweet LO!

Rosemary said...

another fantastic group of cards, susan!! i really like card you made using the window and window box dies... the layout is fabulous, as well!! have a wonderful Easter!

Chrissie said...

Happy Easter Susan!
Spectacular cards once more... the siding on that window card is such a terrific idea and looks the business! It reminded me of the house we lived in in Va years ago!
Wonderful, wonderful work!
Thank you so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Susan :-) all of them are fabulous !! I love the MB dies and have often thought I should get those !! so very nice :-)
I love the chevron design one too ,, very 'IN' :-)

Wishing you a very Happy Easter :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Scrapmate said...

I love all 3 green cards. The window card is gorgeous.

Loli said...

Hola Susan, what beautiful cards!!!!i love the window card FANTASTIC!!, great job and fantastic kids, and great daddy!
An Easter hug, blessings for you and your family

Sue said...

Wow I like them all. All very different and all lovely. Great job.

Meggymay said...

Fabulous selection of card, love your scrapbook page as well.
Yvonne

Jenni's Jems said...

Fantastic range of cards bot my favourite has to be the french foilage one it is stunning x

Mandi said...

Gold star for you again Susan You put in such a lot of effort for us and your fellow LIMettes to admire
Superb cards, I think I love the butterfly one best
Terrific scrap page too
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Suze Bain said...

Fabulous cards Susan, the window card is so clever and I'm loving that big butterfly. Super pic too.

Kathyk said...

Smashing projects and I'm loving the originality of your LIM "shed" card!

Happy Easter

Kathyk

Viv said...

Great set of cards Susan, well done :) Viv xx

GinaA said...

My word you have been busy, your scraped page is lovely and your cards are fab, those curtains on the window card are just brilliant.

cnelson said...

Love all those fabulous green cards!! That lo could not be cuter! LOVE!!

Sally H said...

wow, wow, wow, Susan! You put us to shame! I love them all

Bonnie said...

The French Foliage is beautiful in greens and I love the tag too. I love how you did the siding and the curtain on window card. I love the butterfly and the chevron too. Beautiful page too.

Diane said...

Super cards but absolutely adore your window card, the siding effect is a clever detail
Have a good week!
Diane

Maureen said...

Lovely set of cards, well done.
You can view my card here.

Maureen……………x

Lynne said...

So many wonderful cards Susan, I can`t pick a favourite. Your grandchildren are beautiful too.
Lynne xxx

Anita said...

Wow great cards for the LIM-challenge!
Anita

downrightcrafty said...

wow you do CAS or LIM very well, love your selection of cards and the layout is great
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have candy if you are interested :)

Elaine said...

Great cards - the first one is my favourite although I love the way you've done the clapper boarding on the window one.

Ji Hye said...

I love all three cards. They are great!

joanne wardle said...

what a fabulous selection of green cards

Wishcraft said...

Oh they're all fabulous Susan, I couldn't possibly pick a favourite! Love your fab layout too, such a lovely photo :o) Lisa x

Lynne K said...

A wonderful set of cards, Susan. I like all of them, but the first one is my favourite. So elegant.

Lynne x

Mynn xx said...

LOVE all of your creations, but I agree that the first card is just so pretty! It's my fave! :)

kingstonmama said...

Beautiful greens, Susan. Love each one, but especially the French foliage card. Ann Y.

Lynn said...

A great selection of cards, how can I possibly choose a favourite?!
Beautiful scrap page too. Lynn x

Loli said...

Hola Susan, thank you for your beautiful and kind comment your works are for me an inspiration too:D
Have a nice week.

Unknown said...

Great cards--- and I absoutely LOVE your layout!! Beautiful!

G Peplow said...

Hi Susan, WOW 4 fabulous cards, love them all! The first is clever and I love your ribbon treatment. Fabulous scrapbooking too, your grandchildren are beautiful and very lucky that you are documenting their history too, great LO and brilliant journalling, Gay xxx

Canonbury creations said...

Another fabulous selection of cards Susan and so many different techniques to look at! I love the way you created the clapboard effect behind the window card, brilliant! Love the butterfly too:)
Val x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Soper quick and easy? but sooooooooooooo effective, love your scrapbook page too.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Sorry Susan, I was going up from posts I had missed, didn't see the other Green cards, I HAD to comment on them for being so beautiful

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails