Saturday, August 11, 2012

CASology - Pond

I wanted to play in this week's challenge at CASology, but I'm barely squeaking in before the deadline!  The cue card for this week is "pond".  I've made a couple of different cards for the challenge.


This first card was stamped with a Sweet and Sassy image and colored with Copics.  It's difficult to see on here, but I stamped the swan a second time and cut it out, then popped it over the water that I'd previously cut with an oval Spellbinder die.  Then I used another Spellbinder die for the blue label backing the oval.  The sentiment is from PTI.  I curved it on my acrylic block and stamped it under the oval shape of the blue .  I also added a mat of white with a tiny blue border that had been embossed with a texture plate from PTI.  Sounds like a lot, but it's still pretty simple.

I really love how this second card turned out.  I embossed two circles on a one layer card, then masked off all but the center circle.  I applied several different colored DI for the sunset, and a couple for the water.  The boat is an image from GinaK Stamps.  I use a touch of glitter on the waves for sparkle.  The sentiment was curved on an acrylic block to "fit" beneath the circle frame.

This card also fits with the OLW100 challenge to make a one layer card with any type of transportation.

Thanks so much for stopping in. If you leave a comment, please know that it's greatly appreciated!  Until next time....

Hugs! 
Photobucket


Pin It!

9 comments:

Sandra H said...

Both Cards Susan are totally stunning xx

Ardyth said...

What a dramatic sunset! Beautiful! I love the depth you achieved with the distress inks! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

Rosemary said...

oh that sunset on the second card is just GORGEOUS susan!! the first card is so serene!! so glad to see you playing along with CASology!!

donna mikasa said...

Beautiful cards, Susan! I especially love the sunset scene and your curved sentiment.

Melissa said...

So glad you made it! :) Love the beautiful swan on your first card and the bold, beautiful sunset on your second one! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Bonnie said...

That boat is fantastic, Susan! I love the embossed circles and the vibrant colors! And the sentiment is a wonderful piece of inspiration. The swan looks so graceful cut out of the oval.

Darnell said...

Always delightful and inspirational! No one else is asking, but I'm not getting how you did the curved sentiment. Did you just ink a few words at a time and turn the stamp (on an acrylic block) as you laid down the next few? It sounds so hard, even using a stamp-a-ma-jig, but the result is fantastic!!

Jean said...

They are both beautiful cards ~ I love the swan in the first card and the sentiment in the second one ~ really lovely cards for the challenges!

Aileen said...

Beautiful cards Susan. Love the swan, it looks so serene. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails