Saturday, August 25, 2012

LIM82 ...3-2-1

It's recipe week at the Less is More challenge.  Our challenge from Chrissie and Mandi this week is create a card and incorporate 3 of something, 2 of something and 1 of something else. Gotta get my thinking cap on for this one!

Here's what I came up with for this week's challenge:

Thought I might as well start off with my favorite card from all the cards I've made today.  For this card...there are...3 flowers, 2 apertures, and 1 word sentiment.  The flowers are from Flourishes and were colored with Copics and then I did a little fussy cutting (whew!).  I used two sizes of Spellbinder square dies, and cut the apertures in two pieces of card stock, one the same size as the card base front (5.50 x 4.25).  I masked off part of the card base that would be showing behind the second aperture and sponged it with wild honey DI.  The sentiment is stamped in black and is a stamp from Flourishes. Then I adhered the top panel with the largest aperture centered over the smaller aperture before adhering to the card base.  Slipped the flowers between the 2 apertures and popped them up a touch with some dimensional tape.  


This was actually the first card I made.  It just didn't do it for me.  I punched three apertures with a stamp punch in a white panel cut slightly smaller than the card base.  Then I stamped some flowers (PTI) in angel pink Mementos ink on the card base so that they would show through the openings.  The sentiment is also from PTI and is stamped in black.  So...we have...3 apertures, two words in the sentiment (and two inks), and 1 piece of pink bling.


Since I had the 3 "stamps" punched from the first card, I decided to use them for my second card.  I stamped each of the "stamps" with an image from PTI in Memento teal.  Then I used a matching pen and put dots around each edge of the "stamps".  The sentiment is from Flourishes.  So...we have...3 "stamps", 2 score lines (or two words in the sentiment), and 1 piece of bling (or one punched edge).


For this card I was playing around with DI again.  I've used...3 colors of ink - wild honey, worn lipstick, and chipped sapphire DI - to create the background. Then I spritzed the background with a little mister to give it a mottled look.  The "grass" at the bottom is a PTI stamp.  The butterflies are punched with a MS punch and colored with Copics.  I layered the inked piece on a piece of dark blue and adhered it to the card base.  Here's the 3-2-1....3 words in the sentiment (or three ink colors), 2 scored lines (or 2 butterflies), and 1 piece of bling.


And, last of all (and I probably shouldn't have posted this as it is SO simple!).  Recipe...3 strips of washi tape, 2 words in the sentiment, and 1 heart brad.  The white panel was cut slightly smaller than the card base, and then I added red card stock strips around the edges before layering it directly to the card base.  The sentiment is stamped using the Paper Smooches alphabet letters.  I didn't have a red heart brad, but I did have a white one.  I coated the brad with versamark ink, then dipped it into red embossing powder.  After I heat set it, I dipped it another couple of times in the embossing powder to get a good shiny surface on the heart.  Really loved how well this worked out.

That's all for me right now.  Thanks a million for popping in!  I appreciate your thoughtful comments!! Until next time.

Hugs!
Photobucket


Pin It!

30 comments:

Chrissie said...

These are all simply fabulous Susan... I particularly love the blue one, but the black-eyed Susans are gorgeous too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Judy1223 said...

Susan, I really like them all but I honestly like the simplest, last one the best! Ha...I'm so glad you DID post it! Good luck with the challenge...all of your cards are winners in my book!

GinaA said...

Wow what a great selection of cards, I love the way you have used the 3 punched squares from one to make the focal points of another. All your ideas are gorgeous, I have not even started mine yet!

Unknown said...

wow Susan! these are all fabulous!!! the first and last are my faves, but the washi card is a close contender! beautiful designs!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Susan
Fabulous cards ... Stunning designs......
Hugs Sylvie xx

Unknown said...

Wow Susan - you've blown me away again this week with your gorgeous cards! Love them all but my absolute favourite is the first one with those gorgeous flowers....beautiful.

Hugs.

Karen x

Claudia said...

HI Susan, wow, such beautiful cards. Great. Love the first one and the one with the butterflies, love butterflies.
Thank you also very much for your lovely comments on my blog.
Hugs Claudia

Aileen said...

It's always a joy popping onto your blog to see your wonderful cards for LIM. These are all fab in their own way and I'd be delighted if I'd created any one of them but like you the first with the flowers really stands out. x

Caroline said...

all the cards are amazing
Greetings Caroline

Sue said...

Hi Susan, they are all wonderful! I love the flowers on the first with the pretty colours and soft background but they are all amazing. Sue x

Deborah Frings said...

You rocked this challenge!! I love the first card - so very pretty. But for me, my favourite is the ultra clean and simple card at the end with the tape, sentiment and heart - perfect!

Jenni's Jems said...

Oh my you have been busy and they are all fabulous but the first flower one stole the show for me!! x

Sandra H said...

Hi Susan, Oh wow you have been so busy they are all so wonderful x

Bonnie said...

You always do such a wonderful variety of cards for each challenge, Susan! I'm amazed each week! I'm glad you added the last one. That's my favorite with it's bright colors and simplicity!

Suzi B said...

Oh gosh, you have been busy these are all beautiful
suzi b :)

Mandi said...

Fantastic cards Susan, love them all but the flower one is exceptional
Fabulous work [as always]
Thanks very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Loli said...

Hola Susan, what beautiful cards, every week is a pleasure to see your creations, i can't choice, maybe the butterflies, fantastic background, but they all are a great work, well done Susan as always.
Hugs from the melted island

Darnell said...

Rocking the LIM again, Susan!! I love, love the cone flowers; love, love, love the blue "missing you" card; and thank you for the great idea of dipping the brad in embossing powder a few times! So thanks for posting the UBERCAS one, too. You are inspiration every which way!!

Genevieve said...

I love love the first card. Having elements that go beyond the frame always appeals to me. Lovely colours, too.

Victoria said...

As always a splendid display of inspiration! The black-eyed Susans are truly beautiful.

Lynne said...

Yet another amazing selection of cards Susan,love the first one.
Lynne xxx

Rosemary said...

another amazing set of cards, susan!! the first one is just gorgeous!!

Margaret said...

All absolutely stunning Susan
Margaret x

Carol Cel said...

Susan, absolutey gorgeous - the flowers are my favorite too!
Beautiful.

Deanna said...

WOW!!! These are all awesome and a wonderful variety too:)

kingstonmama said...

All fabulous, Susan, but that first card just blows me away. It is absolutely gorgeous. Love, love, love it. Ann

Carole Campanile said...

Wow Susan, you've been busy. All the cards a lovely; my favorite is the first one. The coloring on those flowers is fabulous.

TFS
Carole

Sally H said...

wow, wow, wow! I love them all!

Viv said...

fabulous cards Susan, the first is my fav I think this week :) Viv xx

Julie Howard said...

All of the cards are wonderful, but I really wanted to mention how much I loved the first one. So pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails