Wednesday, February 27, 2013

LIM108 - Paper Piercing & CASology - Circles

I've missed a couple of challenges at Less is More and I'm happy to be back!  A little over a week ago, I came down with a very nasty stomach bug.  I lost 12 pounds in 3 days...DEFINITELY NOT a diet I'd recommend! I was so sick I didn't do anything for almost a full week!!

So....it's good to be back.  I see that I've had a couple of my recent cards showCASed at Less is More...and I want to say a BIG thank you to Chrissie and Jen!!  Having my hand drawn piano card from week 106 (music theme) and my heartfelt thanks card from week 105 (Kraft and Kreme) showCASed really made me happy!


My cards this week also fit the challenge at CASology...which is to use circles.


Since I got such a late start this week, I only have two little cards to share...so off we go...


No stamping on either of these cards.  I actually made both cards with these little circle images that I've had in my "someday" bin for a year or more.  The images were some freebies from Papertrey Ink that I'd downloaded, printed out, and punched...thinking....I'll use these one day.  Well, today's the day!  I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils, then added a little blue background with a Copic marker. I cut a 5 x 3.75 white panel, decided where the circle would go, then pierced a circle outline.  I popped the circle in the center of the paper piercing, then backed the white panel with a piece of bright blue....super simple card.


For this card, I used another of the PTI images from my "someday" bin.  I colored the image with Copics and added just a touch of sparkle with the Sakura clear star pen and a couple of small pieces of bling to the center of each pinwheel.  I embossed a panel with the zigzag embossing folder, then punched out a circle (about 2.5 inches) from the right side.  Then I trimmed off part of the embossed panel so that my circle embellishment would fit nicely in the cut out. I pierced a circle around the outside of the image piece and adhered it with pop dots.  The embossed panel is adhered directly to the blue card base.  I added a white liner on the inside to stamp the sentiment on.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments and your visits are always appreciated!! Until next time...

Hugs!
Photobucket


Pin It!

21 comments:

Sue said...

Two gorgeous cards Susan! Love those stamps.

Canonbury creations said...

Only two cards Susan, tut, tut:) love your take on this weeks theme, very effective. Congrats on being showcased, well deserved!
Val x

Bonnie said...

Sorry to hear you had that nasty stomach bug. We had it too, but thankfully it left after 2 days. The 3rd day I felt like moving again. Those someday images sure do come in handy sometimes don't they? And they are both perfect for this challenge! Congratulations on your well deserved win! You may be seeing one of these showCASed! Take care!

Loll said...

Hi Susan. Glad you're feeling better and back to making cards!! :) Two fabulous cards ... love those little images. Especially love the first one with sweet rainbow! Loll xx

Darnell said...

It's good to have you back, Susan! I missed you and I'm very sorry to hear you caught such a nasty bug!

Your "someday" cards are extraordinary! That little rainbow circle just lit up my whole face!!

Rosemary said...

fantastic set of cards, susan!! love that embossed background on the second one...

Sheila in Cyprus said...

Pleased to hear you're feeling better Susan, what a weight loss!

Two more stunning cards from you with great use of images.

Love Sheila x

Cathy said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better Susan :) Love your cards, the 2nd one is my fave though...I'm an embossing junkie! Love the cut out design and the colouring.

canStampada said...

Susan, love the detail on your cards. Who makes that embossing folder can't seem to find it anywhere?
:o)

canStampada said...

Aloha Susan - love these cards and how you made use of the PTI downloads. Who makes the embossing folder? I'm trying to find one!
:o)

Mrs Harry said...

Great cards Susan. Sorry to hear you haven't been well, I did notice your absence and was hoping you'd be able to come back to blogland soon. Hope you continue to improve :-)

Vicky Hayes said...

It's always good to see your lovely cards being show-cased Susan - congratulations! These two are wonderful too. I especially like the second - the embossing folder has a suggestion of piercing about it too. Glad to hear you're feeling better now. Vicky x

Chrissie said...

Two fabulous cards Susan... the rainbow one would cheer anyone!
Super job!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jan said...

Two gorgeous cards Susan xx Jan

Jen Nelson said...

susan these are both fabulous as ever

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen
"Less Is More"

Sue - said...

Two gorgeous cards nice and cheerful. Sounds like a nasty bug you had. Glad you're feeling better.

Ardyth said...

Glad you're feeling better - I had something similar, but not as long or as bad! Love both these cards - the cut out circles are really great! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

Zippy said...

Two really lovely cards, so cheerful xxx

Meghan said...

Two impressive cards. I love the bright pops of colour you used on a white card base! Glad you joined in on the fun this week at CASology!

Jenni's Jems said...

These are just gorgeous !! x

Judy1223 said...

Susan, two amazing circle cards...and so wonderfully CAS! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails