Saturday, February 9, 2013

Two NEW challenges for me -- {PIN}spirational and CAS on Sunday!

There are so many new challenges to chose from, I hardly know where to start!  I made a card yesterday that actually works for two challenges....{PIN}spirational and CAS on Sunday.  Both of these are great challenges and I'm glad I found them!

Here's the {PIN}spiration image used this week to inspire our creativity:


The very first challenge for CAS on Sunday is to create a card with the theme "Be My Valentine".

Here's my card:


I used a white card base and rounded the bottom corners with a corner chomper.  I designed the hearts in my Silhouette program, and slightly overlapped each of the hearts and then welded the heart together so that I could cut out a strip of hearts.  I then cut out 4 layers of each of the rows and glued them together.  I cut out one additional heart, colored it with red Copics, and layered it on top of the last heart in the last row.  I added a couple of coats of glossy accents.  The sentiment is from PTI and is stamped in Memento black.  It truly was a super simple card....and now that I've made the heart design in my Silhouette program, I can use it over and over.  If anyone would like to have this file (it's in Silhouette Studio....I'm not sure how to change it to svg, but I could learn if someone wants a copy), just let me know and I'll send it to you.  You can contact me through my email by clicking on the "contact me" envelope on my sidebar.

Thanks so much for stopping in!  I appreciate all your wonderful comments! Until next time...

Hugs!
Photobucket


Pin It!

14 comments:

jimlynn said...

I just HAD to "pin" this one........gorgeous!!!
Lynn

anja curvers said...

This is adorable, love this card great take on the challenge.

Zw@@n said...

Wow, this is fab, love it. That red heart is such a gorgeous details. Thanks for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

Unknown said...

Simply beautiful Susan.

Hugs.

Karen x

Nancy said...

This is an amazing card Susan. It is so crisp and simple and elegant all at the same time. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS on Sunday! Can't wait to see other work from you!

Darnell said...

Thud. If I get a Sihouette, it's going to be entirely your fault. Sighing in awe!

Tammy said...

Oh wow, love your card! Thanks for joining us this week at {Pin}spirational Challenges!

Kim S said...

Simply stunning!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow I just love this!! The line of hearts are perfect! :) Thanks for playing along with us at CAS on Sunday! Hope you will join us again next time and good luck! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki* ~ DT member

Margaret said...

Stunning! I just love how you used the challenge for this card. Thanks for joining us at {Pin}spirational Challenge this week. Good luck.

Aileen said...

Your card creates a stunning visual impact Susan! x

Bonnie said...

What a simple but classy idea, Susan! That one red heart really pops!

Deanne Saunders said...

Totally cool card!!! Thanks for participating in the {PIN}SPIRATIONAL Challenge blog! Hope to see you again!!
~DEANNE~

Nancy said...

Love your card, I don't have a Silhouette but do have a PTI heart border die that I think will give a similar effect.
Thanks so much for the idea, I'll certainly give you credit on my blog when I post my card. Good luck in the challenges!
Nancy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails