Saturday, April 20, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch #24

The sketch this week at CAS(E) this Sketch is a good one.  Here's the sketch:

 
I tried to keep it super simple, and this is what I came up with.


I used a white card base and rounded two of the corners.  I cut a piece of blue textured card stock and rounded opposing corners and adhered it to the card base with pop dots.  I stamped the sentiment with navy ink (SU).  The word "you" was something I made with the Cameo.  I hand wrote the word, scanned it in, then used the offset tool in the Silhouette program to make the letters "fatter". I cut out four layers of the word then glued them together to give me a word with dimension.  I will say that fiddling with such a tiny word was a bit of a challenge.  The word "you" is only about 1.5 inches long from tip to tip and about .5 inches tall.  You really have to be careful when you're gluing them together.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments and your visits are always appreciated!! Until next time...

Hugs!

Photobucket


Pin It!

4 comments:

Paru Mahtani said...

so beautiful!! Love the simplicity!!!

Ardyth said...

Simple and beautiful, with a very clear message! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Chrissy Larson said...

Love the simplicity of this. It's super clever! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Gayatri said...

Love your take on the sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with us @ CAS(E) this Sketch!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails