Wednesday, March 5, 2014

CASology 85 & Addicted to CAS 33

I needed a couple of cards this week and after I finished them, I realized that they fit the challenges at CASology and Addicted to CAS.  The challenge this week at CASology is to make a card using the cue word carnival.

Here's my take on this cue word:



The carousel horse is a stamp from Flourishes.  I cut the shape out with my Cameo, then stamped the image and colored it with Copics.  I made the "base" on the Cameo, then die cut some stars to add to it. The banner was also cut with the Cameo and the sentiment is in the same stamp set as the horse.  I added a pearl at the top of the pole...and then added lots of glitter with the wink of stella pen.  I layered the horse on a white piece that was embossed with a PTI embossing mat.  The horse is slightly pop dotted on the panel and the panel is popped up off the card base.  

The cue word for Addicted to CAS is:

Here's my card for the challenge:


I have no idea why the crib looks yellowed (grrrrr... it's actually a nice bright white!) The crib die is a new one and I'm not too sure I like it.  The die itself is pink and it seems to rub off on the paper when you cut with it.  I had to run it through the Cuttlebug several times before it would cut too...plus add some shims. So, I'm not too sure I would recommend it.  It's pretty, but difficult to work with. The crib "bonnet" cut just fine.  I added a few pearls and a flowers, popped it on an embossed background and popped it up on a card base.  The most difficult part was cutting the crib and photographing the card.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Your comments and your visits are always appreciated!! Until next time...
Photobucket


Pin It!

16 comments:

Kate said...

Fabulous cards Susan :) I just love that image from flourishes.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Kate xx

Sandra H said...

Both Susan are truly beautiful x

Unknown said...

Hi Susan - gorgeous card. Sorry can't explain the transfer of pink onto your cardstock but I used wax paper between the die and cardstock which always helps with a clean cut. I tend to use it on any intricate dies. Both the white and pink cut first time so perhaps that's the answer? So great having you join us ar ATCAS for this challenge.

Hugs.

Karen x

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous CAS cards, Susan! I love how you colored the horse and added all that wonderful sparkle on your first card...Love the sweet baby carriage and all those darling pearls on the 2nd one, too!

I was just thinking about you yesterday, so I'm glad to stop by and say hello ~ I hope all is well ♥

Karen M said...

Two gorgeous cards Susan and both of your designs are fab! xx

stressfreestamping said...

I love all of the white on your baby card with just the little touches of pink. Very delicate and beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at ATCAS. :)

Judy1223 said...

Susan, TWO amazing cards! I love the embossing folders you used on both card bases. (Wonderful!) I also love the glittery touches on your carousel horse...that is how they are, colorful and sparkly and fun! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Unknown said...

Such pretty cards! I love the carousel horse. Beautiful colors!

Happy CASology!

Karin said...

Two lovely cards, especially the baby card!
Karin

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Photography sometimes has a will of it's own, so funny - sometimes!

You have 2 very beautiful cards.

G Peplow said...

Two fabulous cards Susan, It's so nice to see you blogging again, sending all good wishes to you, :D Gay x

Gillian R said...

That horse is so beautifully coloured, love it. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

Maureen Merritt said...

Perfect image for the CARNIVAL theme. You coloring is so realistic. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love all the bright colors!!!! Wonderful carnival theme, perfect for the challenge!!

Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!!

Darnell said...

Your two cards are really fantastic, Susan! I think the carousel horse is a perfect take on the carnival cue word and that baby card is just precious! I hear you about the grrrr. I swear sometimes it take me longer to photograph, crop and fuss about with my pictures than it does to make my card!!

Thanks for commenting at my place! It was nice to see you there!! Hugs, Darnell

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Two fabulous cards Susan - love the carousel, and the baby pram looks absolutely wonderful, but I know what you mean about the time it takes to produce a perfect photo!
Thank you so much for joining us at ATCAS - it's so good that you are enjoying blogging again, and I hope you will join us next time too.
Sylvia x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails