Saturday, April 11, 2015

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge

I thought I'd play along with the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week.  This week the challenge is to create a card using Memory Box dies with a theme of April Showers/or Spring Flowers.  I needed a birthday card for one of my granddaughters, whose birthday is April 15, so I decided to make a shaker card using a Memory Box die.


I used the Memory Box Prim Poppy die to cut the flower.  The square-ish opening was cut with a Simon Says stitched rectangle die that I did a bit of partial die cutting to get something closer to a square.  I colored the flowers with Copics, and adhered them to the back of the white die cut panel.  I then cut a piece of transparency to cover the opening and adhered it to the back of the opening behind the blooms. I added foam tape around the back of the opening on top of the transparency, and around the bottom edges of the panel.  I adhered a few of the blue and white sequins to the blue card base, then filled the shaker window with silver stars and seed beads before adhering it to the blue card base.  That was a bit tricky since I had the back side of the shaker facing up and had to adhere the card base over the shaker panel....and...it's mostly straight! LOL!  The sentiment is from PTI and is stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with blue embossing powder.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by for a visit!  Hope you'll come back soon!  Your comments are greatly appreciated! Until next time...
Photobucket


Pin It!

2 comments:

jimlynn said...

Susan, it's WONDERFUL! Love the touch of green with the blue. Very pretty coloring on that die and love the shaker card.
Lynn

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous shaker card!! Such a fun and beautiful design!! Love it!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails