Wednesday, September 16, 2015

CASology 164

This week's challenge at CASology the cue word is umbrella.  I had to think about that one for a bit, then I remembered that I had a Memory Box umbrella die that I'd never even taken out of the package!  I seem to have quite a few unused items in my craft room!  So I dug out my umbrella die and made a couple of cards for the CASology challenge and I think perhaps I'll also put these cards in Darnell's NBUS challenge.


  



I cut the umbrella in black card stock, then cut it again in red, blue, and yellow.  I cut the sections of the colored umbrellas apart and put them back together on the black umbrella. I colored the handle and the little knob on top with a gold pen, leaving the handle black.  I cut the umbrella out again in a 4 x 5.25 white card stock panel, then put my colored umbrella in the cut out on the white panel.  The sentiment is from PTI.  I clipped the corners with a deco corner chomper.  I backed the white panel with a blue to match the blue on the umbrella and adhered it all to a white card base (and clipping the corner of the card base too).  I also added a few beads of glossy accents to the umbrella.


Since I already had all the pieces of the umbrella cut out I decided to used those leftover pieces to make another umbrella card.  I had to cut another umbrella out of a piece of white card stock, then I inserted the pieced umbrella back into the opening.  The sentiment is from Flourishes.  I cut this panel down quite a bit, backed it in the blue and centered it on a white card base.  I rounded the bottom corners of the card base and added a thin gold line around the edges with a gold metallic pen.

I couldn't decide which card I liked better, so I'm decided to post both of them.  Which is your favorite?

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by for a visit!  Hope you'll come back soon!  Your comments are greatly appreciated! Until next time...
Photobucket


Pin It!

9 comments:

jimlynn said...

I have so many dies I've never used before too! Love that you found this one and it made into some really cute and pretty cards!
Lynn

Bonnie said...

I like both of these alike! Pretty umbrellas and perfect sentiments!

tonilea said...

Hi Susan, I like both of the cards but MOST DEFINITELY LOVE the first one. Everything about it is super. I love the corner cuts and the sentiment including the font of the sentiment WAY more in the first one. You do nice work. I always enjoy seeing what you do.
thanks
tonilea

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love that die, such pretty umbrella and cards.

Carol Cel said...

I like both, but I think the bottom one is my favorite -- I like how the sentiment is sheltered by the umbrella. Both beautiful -- I also like that you used the fancy corner chomper on the top card.

wienerhoneymooners said...

WHat a great way to use your left over pieces!!
Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!!!

Jen W. said...

Both your cards are gorgeous, Susan, and I especially love the rain droplets on the first card. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Hannelie said...

A message I need to remember!
Thanks for joining Casology this week Susan... LOVE your happy bright umbrella!

Darnell said...

It's like asking me to pick a favorite twin! I can't do it! Thank you for both these awesome card design ideas, Susan. I just happen to have that same umbrella die! Whoop!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #5 ~ which was so long ago now! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails