Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Happy Little Stampers - Inlaid Die Cutting

Today I made a card that I've been wanting to try for quite some time.  I've had this die and actually used it a time or two, but I really wanted to use it and inlay all the pieces back into it...(which I haven't done because I never could keep up with all the little pieces!)


So here it is...


Just LOOK at all those itty-bitty pieces!  I finally figured out a way to make it a little easier.  I die cut the piece, then turned it over while it was still in the die and put some post-it tape all over the back of the cut image...then I pealed it out of the die.  It's a little fiddly...but much easier to figure out where all the little pieces go! With the complete die cut adhered to the post it tape, I did a little ink blending over the entire die cut piece with 4 different shades of yellow distress inks.  I cut the same die again to get another white grid and added wide score tape to the back of the white grid.  Then it was simply a matter of removing the yellow inked pieces from the post it tape and inserting them into the white die cut.  It makes it easier to remove the small pieces to insert into the white grid if you remove the grid part of the yellow ink blended piece.  Does that make sense? Once I had all the pieces in the white grid, I removed the paper from the back of the score tape on the back and adhered the pieced panel to a white card base.  I added just a few tiny pearls and a sentiment stamped on black and heat embossed in white.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts....it kind of goes with the bright sunshine yellow, don't you think?

Thanks a million for stopping in! I appreciate every visit and if you leave a comment...you'll make my day!

Hugs!
Photobucket


Pin It!

6 comments:

sandyh said...

i love this....die inlay is my fav! but those tiny pieces are a real challenge. i like your idea...will have to try it!
tfs, sandyh

Hannelie said...

Lovely card Susan!

craftysahmiam said...

Awesome card and thank you for sharing the helpful tips !

Darnell said...

This is uber fabulous, Susan! It's like a sunshine caught in the lead of a stained glass window!! Pinning! Thanks for the tip, too!! Hugs, Darnell

Linda said...

WOW!! Love this. Thanks for playing along with the HLS CAS challenge xx

Deborah Frings said...

Wow - this is stunning! So bright and vibrant. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails